Timeframes question

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello everyone, 

Can anyone share their experience of timeframes in between orchiectomy and starting chemo please?  I appreciate it may be different for everyone we would just like to have an idea.

Thanks

• Hi Pychobabble!

I had my operation on the 30th December 2021 and had my chemo on the 27th January. I was a private patient if it helps. I was told by my oncologist that they would wait a minimum of 2 weeks after the surgery before starting chemo (guessing increased infection risk etc).

Hope you are holding up ok?!

• Hi and thanks for the quick reply!  Doing ok, just like to be able to plan and there's not much info around about the specifics.  We have a holiday planned and whilst it's not the most important thing - getting well is, we are hoping we can fit it in between the surgery and the start of chemo...got to get on with life as well Slight smile

• Hi

They like to leave it about a month so you're completely healed from the op. That's assuming the chemo is adjuvant (preventative and not the primary treatment).  If it is adjuvant they might consider waiting another week or two. Worth talking to your oncologist.

Best wishes.

G