Waiting for Ultrasound

• 22 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Just a quick update - I've received confirmation of my ultrasound appointment which will be going ahead next Thursday. Not worried about the appointment itself - just worried what the results will be. But at least I'm being seen without delay, and I'm glad I didn't wait before going to my GP. Just a matter of waiting, now... and hoping.

How long should I expect to wait for the diagnosis? Around two weeks?

• Well... I'm back. Long story short, the Urologist confirmed that there doesn't appear to be any change for the worse, and again commented there 'appears to be nothing sinister' at play. She was particularly helpful, too - she showed me both the scans from today and before and explained what we were looking at. The cyst does apear to have become more elongated and flatter (like if you took a rubber ball and squashed it down) but it was defo fluid-filled.

One odd thing did come up, though - she asked if I'd had a vesectomy - weird (I haven't), explaining that the tubes of my left testicle (the one with the cyst) were swollen and, to use my terms and not hers, a bit knackered up - LOL. Some time ago, I had a parineal abscess about the size of a squash ball, so I'm pretty sure that did a fair bit of damage down there (I suffer with a rather nasty affliction called hidradenitis suppurativa (please don't Google that if you're sqeemish!)

Couldn't care less about buggered-up tubes, to be honest - or the cyst, for that matter, but I'll discuss it with my GP anyway... you know... just in case. So it looks like good news, and I'll take that as a win.

• Thanks for the update, it helps people like me who are new to finding lumps. Good health to you.