Surgery

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

I am about 6 months post op. On my last CT scan, they picked up something in my abdomen, so I am having surgery to remove lymph nodes soon. I’m a bit worried about retrograde ejaculation as a side effect of the surgery. Has anybody else had this surgery before? Would be nice to hear from somebody who has been through this as well.

• Hi

I noticed that you hadn't had any reply to your post yet so just 'bumping' it back to the top of the discussion list.

While you're waiting for replies you could use the search bar in the group to look for previous posts on the type of surgery that you're having and reply to any of the more recent posts if you think that the poster can help you further.

Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Tarheelfan I had a RPLND operation 10 weeks a go and was in Hospital for 14 days after 9 hours of surgery.  had  Chemo last November.  Few weeks post op was told all that was found was necrotic tissue.  I am now in Full Remission and put on surveilance.  I am 55 so was told that I am quite old for this operation (patients usually 20 - 30 ) and could take me 3 months to get over it. Already had retrograde ejeculation through a TURP operation few years earlier. Unfortunately post op have had 2 infections last one I was taken in to hospital for 4 days. Also have district nurse still coming as my wound opened up after surgery and they had to pack it. Hopefully your recovery will be smoother than mine has. 

• Hi Tarheelfan23

Sorry I'm not able to provide any support or information on this. I was just curious to know how it went and if you had any advice. I'm asking as my last CT picked up one large node still which my consultant is trying to reduce using chemo. Failing that it will be RPLND.

Ay thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks