Hearing noises and blocked ears

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi everyone!

a bit of my story. After discovering a lump on my left one had a surgery on the 12th Nov this year. Last Tuesday (15/12) I finished second session of BOP. Everything is fine apart of ringing in the ears and something blocked feeling. Is anybody had the same? How can I deal with this? Tbh it’s a bit annoying that I need to yawn to unblock my ears or wait until it will be gone. 

second thing. Before this surgery I didn’t have problem with erection but after removal it happens once per couple days. In your opinion, would I need a testosterone? I got it tested and the value of it is 21.8 (don’t know the range of it).

thanks in advance!

• Hi. The ringing in your ears is called tinnitus. It might go away or reduce over a few months, or it might be permanent. I got it after my chemo in May, along with the occasional blocked feeling. Unfortunately mine seems to be here to stay.

21.8 isn't very low for total testosterone levels. There is another agent in your blood the makes some testosterone useless. To get your free testosterone (sometimes called free androgen index) both things need to be measured and compared.  Still early days though, so give it some more time.

Best wishes

G

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Teahupo

Thank you so much! It’s annoying but hopefully will go away. Did you use any spray to reduce it?

• No, I've done nothing to treat mine. A lot of the time I don't notice it, but when I do it is quite annoying. 

G