New to group

• 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I am currently in remission since having a Stem Cell transplant last September. I have to use a wheelchair now as one of the tumors destroyed part of my knee

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community.

Stem Cell Transplant is the gift that keeps on giving but some of the gifts are like the ghastly jumper you get from your aunt.

Sorry to hear about your knee and you now being in a wheelchair. I do understand the post SCT challenges as I have had two Allo (donor) SCTs (June 2014 then Oct 2015) with remission achieved in Sep 2016 for the first time in over 17 years.

We actually have a dedicated Stem cell transplant group where folks from different blood cancer share their experiences.

We also have this ongoing thread Life after a SCT - A Survivor's Guide

You can also hit group members community names and see their profile, some are short, some like my one is rather long.

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Kuma63.

I'Ve litrally joined the group just now and have T-cell lymphoma. I'm right now in hospital have 2nd day of stem cell replaement treatment.

Regards your knee - hope you don't mind me asking but were you getting pain in the knee at all, if so was it in the knee joint or behind the knee?

Reason I ask I have had intermittent but very severe pain in the back of my left knee for some months, before my diagnosis but seems to taken casually by medical profession.

Thanks

• Hi  and welcome to our little corner of the community.

As to the pains in your knee, it’s not that unusual to have pains all over the body as its a normal side effect depending on the treatments you have had so far in your journey...... I had them but they did clear up over time, but this is not taking away from the real challenges that Kuma has had.

SCT is a challenging journey but do go over and join our SCT group using this link Stem cell transplant

To join a group just click on the link above then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens.

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘New Thread’ or hit the box with the X on the top right (phones). You can also join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'. 

I will keep an eye open for you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• THanks Mike - much appreciated.