What now?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Shielding & going for walks although when I was let out it kept raining lol. Get a phone call, go in for op on this sabaceous cyst, again. 1st visit indoors outside my home, in hospital & I've to stay in for 2 weeks after. It is what it is but thought that visit would be to my eldest/grandkids.

Well I've been, nearly done, start stitching me up & my heart beat falls to 44 & blood pressure dropped. I'm on oxygen, conscious & wet myself in theatre!! OMG, I didn't know they told me after. Blood sugars OK, bloods OK, brain scan OK. This isn't the first time, just first time rigged up to machinery that show what's going on. October last time site opened this happened & November taking bloods (one of many blood tests last year). I had ECGs done about 6yrs ago, too fast in day but too low at night so nothing after these results happened. Nurse in Recovery going on about this, concerned. I'm awaiting an appointment for a Fit Clinic. Like I say, what now? I know a lot of you have sooo much going on, I just wanted to put this down.

I've got 2 1/2 inch wound site, across top of my chest to near underarm. Swollen & black near underarm. Right shoulder frozen & left now this. Shower, wash my hair, lmao. 

Meanwhile my boss on phone on about 1st of August back to work. I'm going to have 2 weeks before then to sort myself out. Get used to going out, people (stop giving them 5 metres wide berth or crossing road, avoiding them altogether).

HMRC on phone trying sort out finances, boss on/off payments of sick pay, money work owe me not yet paid.

Teens in house are now nocturnal, lunchtime b4 they move, doesn't matter what I do. I put bagpipe music on Alexa they shout at it to stop. I am Scottish so following Billy Connel advice/how he got his kids up for school lol.

I dunno, not a lot I suppose in grand scheme of things, just having a moan. On my own in house where 4 people live, friends & family busy. Deliveries my contact through the day & I'm always OK.

If you've read all this, well done, not fell asleep yet Sleeping

• Hi again  and all moans allowed but oh these bodies can make this living thing hard work and sorry to hear the challenges you had following your op.

The removal of Shielding is making moving on a challenge as COVID is not going away so some care needs to be taken.

If you are having problems with your finances and/or your employer you could call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 where you could talk with our Financial Support and Work Guidance Teams mostly open 8.00 to 8.00.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks Mike, for listening & your advice noted. I've spoken to them b4 & hence HMRC involvement but I can always ring again if things don't improve, thanks. 

Had a letter this morning for consultation over the phone with the Neurology clinic/covid-19, they'll c me after that if they feel they need to.

Wound healing nice, still a bit bruised & swollen near armpit & hubby helping me shower/hair wash lol. It's only been a week.

Got a fit watch, not obcessed with it, just shows when I have a wobble to stop a while/why. I'm fine. Hope you're good too.

Thumbsup

• I want to get a Fit Watch but WOULD get obsessed LOL

I am doing great, still being very careful with going out and about but have lots of projects that have been on my to-do list for years so wife is very happy.

Wobbles come and wobbles go but during all this we keep our eyes on the greater good in all this malarkey ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Glad you're doing great & you keeping busy/wife happy.

I'm using this fit watch to get more steps in b4 I end up with the shape of a telly Tubby lol. It'll be better when I can go for a walk again, not long.

Wobbles, we just keep getting up again. Long may we all continue. 

Wink