PCALCL and Methotrexate?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hello everyone. I'm new to this whole thing. Ive had cutaneous lymphoma for 5 years. I was in spontaneous remission for the past 2 years but recently got a new crop of tumors and was considering taking methotrexate for the first time. So far Ive only had a few that have been removed surgically but this new crop just keeps coming. Has anyone here taken methotrexate, if so did it help?

• Good morning  and welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to see the circumstance that brought you here and welcome to this rather exclusive club.

I am Mike Thehighlander and I volunteer on the Community and I have lived and have been treated for Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (Skin Lymphoma) (CTCL) for 20 years. PCALCL is actually a subtype of CTCL.

I did not have Methotrexate and I am not sure if anyone on this T-Cell Forum has had it but let’s see what comes up.

But you could also post a simple question in the General NHL Forum as lots of folks are on Methotrexate. My understanding from what I have seen folks put into the threads that it is ok and nothing like some of the other chemotherapy's.

I am rather surprised that you have had a few rumours removed surgically. My very respected Dermatologist always said that he could not ‘cut out’ a Cutaneous Lymphoma, it was all about controlling the growths in/on the skin and treating the development of the bad cells in the blood stream.

My story is rather long but you can see it by hitting 

It would be good to know what other treatments you have had over the years and at what hospital you were treated.

When you have time it would be helpful if you could put some information about yourself and the journey that brought you to the Community into your profile as it really does help the Community members to help you and get to know you.

Click on your username and that will take you to your homepage. Look for ‘Edit my Profile’ click on it and start to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you want then click on save before closing the page.

We are around to help so keep posting.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi just to add to Mike's post, you may want to ask why methotrexate and what they expect it to do, and did they consider other treatments and if it does not have the desired effect what is plan B.

John 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are