T-Cell/Histiocyte-Rich B-Cell Lymphoma:

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Hello my name's Mark. I was told on the 15th May 2018 I have T-cell/histiocyte-rich B-cell lymphoma. After I went to my Doctors with a lump in my armpit.  I Start my chemotherapy in June and wanted to know if anyone else who has this or had it can tell me more. I'm want to know if it's possible to return to work whilst having my treatment and what can i do to help me through the process what to look out for and what are the success rates.Thanks mark

• Hi again  the information I gave you on the other thread is relevant for your treatment.

Infection will be a big issue as your immune system will take a hit during treatment so you do need to be carful when coming in contact with people who are carrying bugs so it all depends what type of work you do and what contact you have with crowds of people. Fatigue will develop over the treatment so at times you will have to take time out to recover.

On the whole the treatment of blood cancer (R-CHOP) is very effective but as everyone is an idavidual we can't put a % success rate on it but lots of folks pass through the forum, have treatment and move on.

As I said before you may want to put your post on the NHL forum as this T-cell forum does pick up less traffic.

Always arround to help out

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mark,

Hope your treatment went well.

My dad has recently been diagnosed with this same rare sub type of Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma - 'T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma' (4B) and I'm struggling to find much on the web. 

Which treatment did you end up having if you don't mind me asking. Also, wondering if you managed to find any helpful information?

Thanks,

Hil

• Hi and welcome to the Community.

Lets see if Mark is still looking into the Community but it is over a year since his last post.

I had a look back at his posts and he was starting R-CHOP.

Information for some of the rare types of NHL can be hard to get but on the whole a lot of these types of NHL will start with roughly the same treatments.

What is your dad’s team recommending?

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi Thehighlander,

Thanks so much for your response! 

My Dad starts R-CHOP tomorrow and then the team mentioned a lumbar puncture x3 after cycle three to protect his CNS since the mass is encroaching on his spine (cancer not in spine but they said it's preventative). He's stage 4B and it's in his spleen and liver - all very scary sounding.

He was hospitalised at the beginning due to very bad back pain and didn't have a PET scan as they had already given him steroids so they said it wouldn't be a true picture. The team mentioned they usually do another PET scan mid way through the treatment but I'm not sure how they will tell if it's worked since there is nothing to compare to. They did do a CT and MRI so hoping they can use those.

Thank you,

Hils

• Hi Hils, so your answers don’t get confused I will stuck to the B-Cell Group xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hello Hil, 

In response to your email...i had 6 treatments of R-chop (rituximab and others not sure of the names) I am now in remission since October 2018. The treatment was ok just found the last couple a bit rough but I'm sure your Dad will be fine . I would just advise him to drink and eat as much as he can I know this is hard as you loose the taste of most things and its difficult to stomach some things when your on the treatment.  Also be careful of infection that's the only thing that made me poorly as I got infection and had to go into hospital.  He needs to rest do what the nurses tell him and above all be positive.  

All the best

Mark

• Mark, can you go to the bottom of your last post - hit more and edit - then remove your phone number as we do have unsavoury people follow the site to pick up information.

You can use the Private Message system as that is off site.

(Edit) I see the site admin have removed your number Mark.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge