Total gastrectomy

• 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi my husband was diagnosed with stomach cancer t2n3m0 he has 4 lots of FLOT chemotherapy followed by a total gastrectomy in which the found 2 tumours they have taken out the tumours completely and said their are clear margins but they took 9 lymph nodes and the cancer was in 8 so they have said it could still be in lymph nodes he is due to have another 4 rounds of FLOT chemotherapy has anyone experience anything like this and is the prognosis hopeful?

• and welcome to the Online Community. I just dropped by and noticed you've not had a reply to your post as yet. I myself have a different type of cancer so I'm sorry I can't offer any experiences to compare. Hopefully the members here will be along soon to answer.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Caz,

I had the same cancer, chemo and surgery. And I can say there is hope, very much so. There wasn’t much support for me as I was going through it other than family, friends and forums like this one.

I’ve learnt a great deal and that combined with experience and nutrition has allowed me to make a full recovery. So I now help others and have written a book you may find helpful StomachFreeLife.com

Message me if you’d like to chat.

Debra

Debra
    Stomach cancer survivor
    There is always hope, you just need to open your eyes and heart Slight smile
  • Hi, thank you for your reply do you have any tips on eating and helping him get his appetite up?