Urgent help please - Stomache cancer spread to bones and lungs (lymphatic carinomatosis)

• 5 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi all, 

I wonder if someone could please help me with the above diagnosis as right now we are very scared. My mum turned 59 in January and was short of breath was told she had an iron deficiency just before Christmas. Come January my mum struggled to get upstairs from then we have been in and out of hospital to find my mum has cancer in 3 places from just one symptom and nothing anyone can do. She has been sent home with pallative care only and of course we are very scared. Even now at home mum is eating, communicating, but is on oxygen at home as the only issue she has is within the lung, the stomache and bones although cancer is there it’s not causing any harm. Just really hard to believe there is nothing that can be done to even prolong or help the breathing all she has is morphine and steroids. I am wondering if anyone has been through this knows any treatment that helped them and where they got it or who we can contact please?

- gastric body adenocarcinoma with disseminated metastasis

- lymphatic carinomatosis

- bilateral pleural effusions 

Thanks so much in advance

• I am so sorry to hear about your mum’s diagnosis.  It must be such a shock and a very difficult time for you all.  It may be worth asking to speak to the consultant and seeking a second opinion.  There may be a treatment which won’t cure the cancer but it may give her longer with you.

All you can do is show her all the love and care, you feel for her.  
    x

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thank you do you have any idea where to get a second opinion that maybe has better treatments available than our local hospital? Just after reading the forum and seeing others with cancer in 3 places they are getting help where as we’re just at home with painkillers there must be something for us x

• Hi, I’m sorry to hear about your mum, please do ask the consultant for a second opinion, sending you all love and hugs at this difficult time x

• Do you have any idea where to get a second opinion from?

• Hi and sorry to hear about your mum, have you been given a MacMillan nurse, I think you should have one and maybe ask her/him how to go about getting a second opinion, also ask them for more help, it doesn’t seem right just leaving her like that. As has been said ask her consultation or even her GP for a second opinion. I really hope you get some help xxx

Sue Xx