Herceptin targeted therapy

• 3 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Afternoon all

after my diagnosis in August last year I have just completed 5 cycles of CAPOX which has worked well and my stomach cancer has regressed , although not curable . with my CAPOX treatment I have been on a targeted therapy Herceptin which i am continuing 

I am wondering if anyone else is on Herceptin as interested to know how long you stay in this treatment as get the impression its an ongoing treatment .

I have had 7 infusions to date since Sept and so far the side effects have been minimal although i do have to have regular heart scans as it can cause issues 

Love and Light to you all

Christine

• Hi Christine,

From what I understand, Herceptin (trastuzumab) is normally something they'll keep you on unless you have progression.

Fingers crossed that won't ever happen, but in that event it could be worth asking your oncologist if there are any trials being run in the UK for accessing other herceptin-like (HER2+) drugs after herceptin stops working as there have been trials of this type in other countries.

SDH x

Knowledge makes us stronger. Research, question, share and demand more from your doctors. Read my profile for my dad's stage IV story.

• Thankyou for the reply and the links to research . I really appreciate the details on your profile information. and plan to explore  . I was diagnosed in August last year and learning all the time . As you have said knowledge is power and I plan to continue researching and will share .

Living in hope everyday