Weight gain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi all,

Have you tried to gain weight with high-calorie shake? Can you recommend any recipes that may work without sugar (as it feeds the cancer)?

Thank you! 

• Hi 

Although it's a good idea not to have too much sugar in your diet, I'm afraid the sugar feeds cancer fact is, in fact, a myth. You might want to have a look at this information about it from Cancer Research.

If you want to increase your weight then have a look at this information from Macmillan about ways you can do it. You might also like to download the booklet Recipes for People Affected by CancerMany of the recipes include ingredients that are high in fat or sugar, to help you get enough energy and maintain your weight during cancer treatment. They are designed to be appetising and to encourage you to eat, even when you don’t feel like it.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"