Hello!

• 6 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Have just joined today and am looking to talk to anyone who like me has had a thoracic ependymoma - mine was at T7 - T10. My surgery was 25 years ago and I would like to hear from others who have had surgery some time ago. I have declined a lot in the past 2 years and really feel alone with this. Many thanks indeed.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you feel very alone with your diagnosis. Having cancer can be an isolating experience but hopefully you'll find others here who will understand how you feel.

I've had a look in the group and found these posts which mention thoracic ependymoma for you to have a look through. You can then reply to any of the posters if you want to.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello Latchbrook,

It was so lovely to receive your message, and thank you for such a warm welcome to the group.  I have had a look now at your profile and will certainly add some info about myself to mine - I too have had 2 cancers, managing to add in breast cancer to my medical CV almost 5 years ago!

Thank you for telling me about the posts you found about thoracic ependymoma, which I will read through and may contact others if appropriate, depending upon what each post says. I have just read about what a "Community Champion" is and can I thank you so very much for taking the time to contact me. Perhaps we can catch-up again soon.

With my very best wishes.

• Hi again  

Yes, it would be lovely to catch-up again. I'm currently waiting on the results of my first mammogram since finishing treatment for breast cancer.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook,

Good luck for your result - fingers crossed for you!  

Have done my profile, as you will see it's a bit long because I have a lot of history. Would be glad to hear feedback from you if you don't develop a glass eye before you get to the end!

Best wishes.

• Your profile is great  . I'm sorry that you've also had to deal with two cancers. I guess that when we have one we don't expect to get another!

Community Champion Badge

• Hi latchbrook

Exactly- how careless of us eh?!!!

Speak again soon.

Best wishes.