my son has a spinal cord tumor diffuse glioma midline H3 K27M grade IV

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hello everyone. My son (21) was diagnosed with a tumor of the central nervous system in March. He underwent surgery at the end of March and has been immobile ever since. At the time of the operation, the doctors thought it was an ependymoma because it was localized on the thoracic spine. Even the first pathohistological findings showed on the ependyma, but detailed examinations revealed that it was a diffuse glioma of the midline mutation h3 K27M grade IV. That diagnosis kills any hope of my child’s recovery. He was on radiotherapy and an MRI should be done in a month to determine the condition of the recurrence. Subsequently, Temodal chemotherapy was planned. If there is anyone with the same mutation I would love to get in touch. I am interested in how the body tolerates Temodal and what I as a parent can do for my child to go through therapy more easily. Are there any other medications used in the treatment of this type of glioma. From learning the diagnosis, spine surgery, immobility, coma due to hydrocephalus and shant implantation, I just want some positive news. From the tenth of March and from a child who hasn't had a cold for twenty years, we have come to very bad prognoses and I still can't come to terms with that. So, if anyone knows of any experimental treatment program or at least advice write.

• Hi again

I replied to your post in the brain cancer group and I can see that you have posted your question in the ask a nurse section of the online community.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"