Radiotherapy after surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi, surgery has not removed all of my husbands cancer, which is meshed in with the nerve cells of his spinal cord. Radiotherapy may be offered next, though we have a few weeks to wait yet before we will know. What have peoples experiences been? Could it cause more nerve damage? If so what sort and can the nerves of the spinal cord recover? Many thanks.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I can't answer your question about radiotherapy treatment for your husband but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses and I didn't just want to pass by.

It looks like this group isn't very active so you might not get any response but I see you've posted your question in ask about radiotherapy and I'm sure radiographer Kate will soon respond.

When you feel ready it would be really useful if could pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Many thanks.