New Diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Just been told I have Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Awaiting initial meeting with Oncology at Citt Hospital, Belfast.

Hope to find out more next week.

• Hello Marador,

Welcome to the Online Community.

I hope that you will find it as supportive and informative as I have done.

I am sorry to hear that you have had a diagnosis of Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Being diagnosed is always a worrying time and one where you are likely to have lots of questions. I also felt a bit in limbo from when the diagnosis happened to waiting to see the consultant to find out a treatment plan. It is hard to wait and I hope that you do not have to wait too much longer.

I will pop some information here that may be of help to have a look before your meeting so you can think of what you need to ask and know. I found having some background info before appointments helped.

MAC11654_Und soft tissue sarcoma_E11 (macmillan.org.uk)

I hope this helps a bit and that your appointment comes through quickly. In the meantime if there is anything else you need please do ask. There is also the Support Line that you are welcome to call if you feel chatting things through would help. The number is at the bottom of this and they are lovely on there.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for your reply. Had a good look through it all and feel a little better about things.

Hoping to hear from treatment team shortly.

Again thanks very much for responding

• Am glad it helped. I hope you do not have to wait too long to hear back from your treatment team. Let us know how you get on. 

Good Luck

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm