Hello everyone—Anxious about soft tissue sarcoma…

• 4 replies
  • 18 subscribers

I’ve realize the internet is a scary place, and I probably shouldn’t have googled all of what I googled. 

I have had a lump in my thigh for some time now at the very top on the back, almost under my buttocks, which I believe may have grown in size, but I can’t be certain. It is hard, and slightly painful to press on. You cannot feel it or see it if my leg is straightened out; my leg has to be bent at the knee and up towards my hip in order to—I guess—tighten the skin and make it easier to feel… maybe, I’m unsure. Even then, bent and towards my hip, it is hard to see this lump  

I read that soft tissue sarcoma is at the top of the extremities (typically), and a common area is where this lump of mine is. Which I suppose is why I’ve gotten so paranoid. Plus the fact I believe it’s gotten bigger (although not 100% sure) and the fact it is becoming painful when it didn’t used to be. 

Another thing is that my thigh does ache at times. Not specifically that area, but just my thigh in general. My calves also ache (both) and it’s difficult to walk at times. Something I’m unsure is related is that I’m awfully tired lately as well. I can sleep for 12+ hours and I am still tired. 

I have to call my doctor tomorrow, which I plan on doing and attempting to get an appointment the same day. I’m scared, and I would appreciate any insight until then, even if it’s scary. 

Thank you all! X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello,

I had a lump in my leg at the top and back. I was told over and over that it was just a fatty lump but it turned out to be a soft tissue sarcoma. 

I had radiation and op and now deemed cured. I have checkups now for 10 years. 

Keep pushing to get results!!! 

xxxx

• Hi Elzaslife, how did you get on with your call to the doctor? Any luck getting an appointment?

Shackleton 

• Hi  

Welcome to our community, though sorry you find yourself here.

Lumps and bumps are very common and sarcomas quite rare so hopefully what you have is not sarcoma. It is likely to be something they might want to rule out first and of course being so rare many doctors will only see one case in their entire career. 

Hopefully the doctors will be able to work out what it is and deal with it.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi there and welcome to the group. I think this is a group that none of us actually want to be part of. Although I don't post much, I have found huge comfort reading and following everyone's journey. I feel some similarities to you, I am 43 and have had a lump on my knee for over 2 years and have been sent away each time I have been to my GP. Fast Forward and the last GP I saw referred me straight away and within just over a month I have had 2 scans, an Mri and a biopsy. I am currently awaiting the biopsy results (it's been a nervous and uncomfortable 2 weeks so far). They are calling the now biggish lump a sarcoma which from the MRI may have a tendon running through it - JUST GREAT! 

1. I find the waiting the hardest part as I feel in limbo, but the one thing I am glad of, is I persevered these past few years and finally gave it one last go with the GP. So, do keep going back and ask lots of questions. Mr Google has been a great form of information but is scary and not always accurate so I was advised to use pages such as this and the official NHS sites. 

I hope you get seen quickly and find the answers you need and deserve. Good luck.