Myxoid liposarcoma

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi my name mick I first got cancer in 2016 in bk of leg had radiotherapy and operation all good got all clear cancer came bk 2020 in my lower back again had radiotherapy and six months on chemo cancer had spread this time all over the shop but again got the all clear which was very lucky and my oncologist was surprised as well had a scan three months later came back again in spine and lung so I'm having chemotherapy again 8 months on cancer is stable I'm on a drug call trabectedin every 3 weeks and looks like I will be on this for the rest of my life as if I stop then cancer is likely to come bk and if it come bk in the wrong place well there might be nothink they can do so I was wondering weather any one else has had a myxoid liposarcoma and on trabectedin like me but I feel fine things are going well just got to keep  going and be positive so if there is anyone out there with this be nice to hear from you thanks mick 

• Hi

My wife has Leiomyosarcoma so quite different to your diagnosis with the exception of it being a sarcoma. I am sure you are aware that sarcoma is rare and when we look at subtypes things get even more difficult. Sometimes we find someone close on here and sometimes on the sarcoma.uk website and that can be helpful.

My wife had two different types of chemotherapy and rather remarkably it seems they have rendered her cancer stable. She is doing so well that now the oncologist thinks it might even be time to discharge her to GP care since mostly her appointments are conversations around how well she is doing - perhaps they are even more comforting for him than security for us when he sees a success story.

Perhaps my life experience of dealing with cancer is live life to the full, tomorrow is never a promise and if we can be both happy and kind we will help make the world a better place.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Steve glad to here your wife is doing well wish you all the best mick