Results pending

• 5 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I recently noticed a sun spot on my face had turned red and gone rough. I saw my dermatologist and he is certain it is invasive squamous cell carcinoma. Just waiting for the results to confirm it.

How did everyone cope with the wait?

• Hi  

Waiting for results can be a very stressful time. I found that if I spent as much time as possible doing things that I enjoyed then I spent less time worrying about the results. 

I know that some people find mindfulness really useful and clicking here will give you more information if this is something that interests you.

Have you been given an idea of how long your results should take?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi 

Anything up to 3 weeks. My dermatologist has marked it as urgent so it might even be before the end of the week. 

• Mind doing overtime, going through all the scenarios. Difficult sleeping. I have a garden and I spent as much time keeping busy even in the rain. I wish you well on your journey. I was lucky only having to wait 7 days for my results. It’s a postcode lottery regarding treatment times and biopsy results times, it shouldn’t be like that.

• I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the results through that quickly  .

I know it's easy to say but try not to worry. Someone wiser than me told me that worrying won't change the outcome but it will ruin the present, and I try to live by that as much as I can.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I had my excisional biopsy done on 29th May which was sent as urgent and I’ve not yet had my results.  Was told 2 weeks from my consultant but 2-4 weeks by the secretary.  Hoping I will get my results this week.  This is in Glasgow - hopefully your wait isn’t too long