Image guided superficial radiation therapy Ig-srt

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello , 

I have an infiltrative bcc on my cheek and have been offerred a MOHs . I was wondering in any one has heard of Ig -srt being used in this country as they seem to use this a lot in Australia with really good effects . Just thinking will have less obvious scars with this treatment. All advice greatly appreciated. 

• Hi  

I haven't had either image guided superficial radiation therapy or removal of a BCC by Mohs surgery but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I've done a search in the group looking for previous posts which mention IG-SRT and can see that  and  both posted a while ago about this treatment. I've 'tagged' them into my reply to you and hope that if they still visit the online community, they will pop on to share their experiences with you.

Wishing you all the best, and do come back and let us know which treatment route you took and how you got on.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello, my father had IG SRT done in a large area near one eye. He had excellent healing, not much of a scar. He had the option of doing it again in another area, but he didn't like tthe inconvenience of going several times per week for a few weeks. He lived in the U.S. Best wishes on whichever you choose. Cindy 

Cindy

Melanoma Stage 4