Been Reffered on the Cancer Pathway...scared to death

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if I'm allowed to post before a dignosis. I'm a 24 year old female and have recently noticed a mole I've always had has turned black and itchy. A part of it has fallen off due to me itching it. I have had a video call with a doctor who reffered me straight away and within 24 hours I had an appointment scheduled in. I'm grateful it has been so quck but also worried as to why, he did say he was putting me on the cancer pathway just to fastforward me. To say I am scared to death would be an understatement. I had a cancer scare couple of years ago when I realised my tonisils were overgrown but after many blood test and an MRI scan I was told they were big but not big enough to be a cause for concern. I now have every ache, pain and itch playing over and over in my head and worried I went to the doctors too late. Can anyone also tell me what to expect at my first dermatologist appointment.

Thanks Slight smile

Ali 

• Don't worry at all, my friend recently had the same issue.She had a mole that was changing,  so her biopsy done and shows the mildest cancer.She dose not need any further treatment. 

Stay strong and long life x

• Don't worry yet, get your appointment and ask all the necessary questions then and see what they say. I have had 2 basal cell cancers removed recently.  At your first appointment the dermatologist will probably look at them with a dermascope a small hand held instrument with super magnification. Mind did this andf put a tiny bit of oil on me and looked again.  He told me there and then they were basal cell cancers and referred me to a plastic surgeon for removal.  Good Luck. Here for you anytime you need reassurance xx