BCC and metastasis to spine

• 15 replies
  • 25 subscribers

I was recently diagnosed with a 2.5x3 cm scalp BCC infiltrating type and am scheduled for Mohs surgery on Friday.  On Monday I was involved in a car accident and they did a full body trauma CT scan which was all clear for traumatic injuries. However, coincidentally they found a sclerotic lesion on my spine.  I am terrified as my mind has immediately gone to the thought of metastasis.  I have been referred for an urgent MRI but has anyone had stage 4 BCC with spinal spread?  Please help as I don't know how to cope with this.

• Hi Phenom Just to let you know I had my appointment on Friday with Consultant re my skin graft.  He was happy to tell me all skin margins taken were cancer free and is happy with how graft is taking.  He was worried when I sent picture of scabs but now he has seen it and most scabs are off he says it will be ok.  Now the bio oil massaging all the time. He said I can start wearing make up again and cleanse etc my face as normal.  He wants to see me in 3 months and then possibly every 6 or 12 months to just keep a check on me.  Don't know about you but I am constantly looking at every tiny blemish as apparently once you have had one you can be prone to them.  Let us hope not eh.  Takie care, keep in touch with your progress and I will too. Thanks for being there on this journey, we have rto support one another.

• That's great news!  I am so pleased for you.  That's great that it's all cancer free and healing well.  I have had bad news today that my wound has dehisced and is overgranulated. Going to post separately about it.

• Update: the spinal thing is a benign atypical haemangioma. I have been referred to a spinal surgeon but apparently waiting list is huge so there will be a very long wait until I know what it is and whether any treatment is required.  Still, I am very relieved it's not cancerous.

• That's really good news . I bet you were hugely relieved!

How is your scalp wound doing?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi phenom so glad to hear your spinal report was benign.  How are you getting on now with your scalp now is it improving.  Just had letter follow up from my Consultant, apparently he was concerned about the picture I sent of the scabs, but is happy now they have come off and the skin is healing.  He has told me massage, massage, massage with bio oil.  Hope you are feeling strtonger in yourself now too.  Keep in touch, nice to hear others stories of their journey through this. x