MOHs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Should I consider any other surgery except MOHs for removal of BCC on the nose?

I can have it excised without grafting in the next 2 weeks.

The nearest MOHs surgeon is around 1hr drive, I am having a private consultation with him soon over the phone and am willing to pay to have it performed quickly.

Another problem is covid, is this surgery being performed? if not could the delay go on for many months? as this will leave people living under difficult circumstances and travelling there under these circumstances when my husband is being shielded will be very difficult.

This is a very worrying time and after reading about surgery for facial BCC I would have thought the surgeon would have mentioned MOHs as being the gold standard but he didn't. 

Has anyone had BCC excised from nose with no grafting? the width he will take will be 11mm, if so what was the result?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Loridor,

It's finished!!!! After my second dermatologist had to cancel I frantically found another dermatologist in London. Dr Mallepedi....I had my surgery this morning and fingers crossed I will have a uncomplicated recovery. 

I cannot believe how difficult it has been to access this surgery, wonder how much easier it would have been without the covid pandemic.

Hope you are good and your wound is healing well.

Off now to take a couple of paracetamol.

Take care, thanks for your concern. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Wonderful news, Poolie. I am so happy that this is finally behind you now as I am sure you are as well.  I hope you are as pleased with Mohs as I was and feel like your journey to find someone was worth it.  

I am doing well and a recheck of my many other "wisdom" spots didn't show any other problems. Thanks for asking.

May your healing begin and progress quickly.

L