Scc on upper lip

• 2 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hello i am new to this group, i had a diagnosis of scc on my upper lip im may. First excision did not have clear margins, while waiting for my second surgery the lesion started to grow again. I had a wide local excision 4 weeks ago with a scar from my nose down to and including part of my lip.

Eating and drinking have been awkward especially as it makes me dribble. I am now waiting for my histology results and becoming increasingly anxious in case it needs repeating again. Has anyone needed repeated ops to get a clear margin or am i worrying unnecessarily 

Thank you for reading my post

• Hi  Lizziedripping  Sorry to read you had to have your operation done again  I had 2 operations but thankfully they took a wide enough margin on both of them.  I can understand you are worried, but am sure it will be ok this time as they will have taken more than needed I think  This site is brilliant and everyone so caring and kind.  If you are worried just ask us on here and someone will have been through the same experience,  Good luck and let us hope things will start and improve for you.  xx

• Thank you, i will let you know how things progress x