BCC diagnosis - long waiting list for MOHS

• 3 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hello all - I've recently been diagnosed with BCC on my scalp. I wasn't sure whether to do excision or MOHS. MOHS seems more sensible although NHS wait lists are extremely long. I've been told 1 year plus. Any recommendations on what trusts have shorter waiting lists or where it can be done out of pocket at a more reasonable cost? 

• Hi Veronica Sorry to read you have a bcc on your scalp.  The NHS waiting lists in all areas for these procedures are long I think.  I had 2 removed privately 2 years ago in Derby, but chose not to have MOHS and just have excision.  Could you not have this more quickly.  My surgeon did cut a wide margin and luckily they were ok.  Is it a large area you are having to have removed.  Please feel free to ask any questions that you are worried about, this site is amazing.x

• Hi Veronica..... I live in South east and was given a ten month wait for mohs surgery on my nose.. the dermatologist and head and neck surgeon both agreed the bcc could be removed with clear margins by excision... the waiting for that was five months... what does your surgeon suggest?