Awaiting results

• 9 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Yesterday i recieved a letter regarding an app with dermatology. I Had a atypical mole removed on the 9th of august. I rang to see what kind of app i have on the 26th of sept to rearrange it and the receptionist said it is urgent altho its more than two weeks away. Should i be worried ? Please honest answers ? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's natural to worry when you have an appointment to discuss your results. Over the years I've had several urgent appointments, some have been good news, some not so but worrying about it won't change the outcome but will make you miserable in the meantime.

I'd recommend that between now and then you focus on doing the things that you enjoy to keep your mind away from the 'what ifs'. I'll be keeping everything crossed for a benign result.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Ricky Rox  I wouldnt worry too much as it won't change the outcome.  They probably have histology reports and perhaps want to remove a larger margin of skin from the original site.  Whereabouts was the mole you had taken off.  Thinking of you as have been here and know what it is like xx

• Hi harlyn

Just saying hello  I'm having problems on the site so haven't been able yo answer your message yet. I didn't want you to think I'm ignoring your message. Hopefully I'll be able to resolve it soon . 

• It is a great shame this site is so difficult to navigate as I am sure more people would be posting if it was easier.  I never get notifications about replies despite requesting them.  I cannot even see how to add a pic to a private message.  

• Hi  

It must be frustrating that you're not getting notifications.

This link will take you to a step-by-step guide about managing notifications. If you are still not receiving notifications after checking that everything is correctly set up as per the instructions, then please email the Community team at community@macmillan.org.uk and one of the team members will look into this for you.

Adding a photo to a private message is the same as adding a photo in a community post. When you're ready to add your photo to the post, click on 'Insert' then 'Image/video/file' then insert the link to your photo in the box labelled 'File/URL'. Once the link to the photo is in the box, click on 'Ok' and your photo will be uploaded.

I hope this helps and if you have any more problems using the Community I'll be pleased to help if I can.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi thsnk tyou for the info snd that is helpful.