Squamous cell cancer first time ever dealing with anything

• 2 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi there I’m Rose Wilted rose 

was diagnosed on may 17 this year with what I thought was going to be an ulcer, to stage 3 tumour in my oesophagus, going into the top of my stomach, pressing against the tip of my liver and diaphragm and in some lymph nodes, i think it got that right Rolling eyes 

had feeding peg fitted beginning of June which I did not handle having at all even though I know it’s saving my life cos I can’t swallow any solids at all. 

Started my radiation today so have that for next 6 weeks five days a week and chemo on a Friday. 
Just wanted to talk to anyone who’s going through, been through this. have been so lucky that for having such a big family we have been graced with no cancer till now. 

im just absolutely petrified of everything! I’ve such a low tolerance for pain as my surgeon had the pleasure of telling me Rolling eyes I’m so worried I’m not going to be able to handle any bad side effects from the treatment, first radiation today and I’ve not been off the toilet See no evilSee no evil would love any advice, support, anything at all

thank you Green heart 

•   

Hi Rose and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you have recently been diagnosed with oesophageal cancer and it's natural to feel as you do.

As the online community is divided up into different support groups, can I recommend that you join the oesophageal cancer group, which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who have this type of cancer.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here, and join in with existing conversations by clicking on reply.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you very much I will do that