Squamous cell

• 2 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi I am new here 

I am currently under a private consultant for swelling to the front of my ear which ultrasound has confirmed Cyst & Pus in Parotid Gland had a Fine Needle aspiration that has shown a squamous cell which I am told everyone has and sheds 

Now anxiously waiting for me appointment on Monday for results 

I have done the worst thing googled the meaning and yep feared me no end 

my consultant said he wasn’t concerned but needed reassurance and to rule things out 

since the swelling appeared it has actually reduced in size 

I have had covid twice suffer with congestion in sinuses when get colds as well 

has anyone else experienced this ? 

thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I know how incredibly difficult waiting for results is and I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

As you've mentioned swelling in your parotid gland, I'm going to recommend that you join the head and neck cancer group as I think that one might be more appropriate for you. If I've misunderstood your potential diagnosis, I apologise.

To join just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here, and join in with existing conversations by clicking on reply.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community, just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help if I can.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi!  Not quite the same, but I had a lump in that area which grew steadily larger.  My GP refused to refer me for further investigation preferring to 'keep an eye on it."    I decided to go private because I was worried.  The lump was inside the Parotid Gland and had to be removed as soon as possible.   It did involve quite a long operation and many stitches but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated it to be.   Mine turned out to be a benign tumour but the worry beforehand was truly awful so I understand how you are feeling.    As you are a taking the Private route at least you won't have to wait around for months on end to get it sorted.  Hope all goes well for you.