Scc carcinoma

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hi there new to all of this, my husband is a kidney transplant patient who regularly gets a skin cancer but hasn't been serious removed it etc no worries at the time.... until lately has undergone surgery from his face to remove skull bone there was no margins letter stated the root was a mystery it had spread into his salvatore-glad And into his lymph nodes which had to be remove quite a severe surgery on a person with a very week immune system, turns out it the cancer was due to being on immunosuppressive medication for so long. Now he has been taking off one of these tablets and renal function is low. Been in over a week and not doing 100% he seems to be getting worse instead of better and due to be getting radiotherapy once healed and his body has already been through alot of trauma.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you and your husband have had a long and difficult time and I'm sorry to read that he seems to be getting worse instead of better.

I haven't had radiotherapy for skin cancer, although I've had it for breast cancer, so don't have any experiences to share but I'm sure others will be along soon to tell you how they got on.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"