Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi guys thought I’d jump on here to see if I can get some help. I was diagnosed with dfsp it’s a rare kind of cancer that only effects 1 in 4million 

I got unlucky. I had my surgery on the 23rd of feb this yeah but I still haven’t heard and think. I just want to know if it gone. I’m struggling to talk to family about is as there finding hard and there not very open. My partner spilt up with me after my diagnosis as it’s not a hat he signed up for. If I’m completely honest I’m managing to put my smile on everyday. But the wait is eating me alive. It’s been 12 weeks now and nothing. I know they say no new is good news but not in the instance. I’m a 32 year female. It’s so rare it does come up on here. 

• Hi  

So sorry to read this, have you tried talking to your GP to see if they have had an update? In Oxford we get copies of everything sent to our GP and that can be very helpful.

Many people find talking about cancer really difficult so glad you found us here because we do get it.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Toria,

I was also diagnosed with DFSP this year and am a 32 year old female. 

I've had surgery middle of April but after my follow up appioment was told by my consultant I would need another surgery as although the tumor was completely removed she feels the margins are to small. I will be having this done end of June all being well. 

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had the support you need at this time. Where did you have your surgery done ?