Recurrence of PMP 2 years post CRS/HIPEC

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

I had some unexpected news a couple of days ago from my consultant.

the latest CT scan is showing some reoccurrence of my PMP despite me undergoing CRS/HIPEC on 21-Feb-2022 , when I was diagnosed with LAMN.

full diagnosis on latest clinic letter is:-

“Low grade appendiceal neoplasm and low grade Mucinous carcinoma peritonei incidental well differentiated neoendocrine grade 1 tumour Ki-67 index 1%.

my latest blood tests are CEA 4 (pre op 16); CA19-9 16 (32); CA125 10 (51).

I have documented my journey on a couple of Appendix Cancer/PMP Facebook groups, links to these are in my profile on this forum.

I am hoping people will be able to share their reoccurrence journeys with me.

dave

admin: I cannot find any pop up for Appendix Cancer or even Appendix in the predefined terms for topics and categories, can someone please add these to the list and tag this post accordingly  thanks.

• Hi  

That must have been so upsetting to be told that you have a recurrence of your cancer. I know it's something that I dread.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies from forum members yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

In relation to the suggestions that you are making to 'admin', it would be best to email them to community@macmillan.org.uk as these posts are not read by the admin team.

Wishing you all the best 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

It's Megan here from the Online Community team. I'm so sorry for only just seeing your post about the tags. We don't always see every post on the site so if you need to get in touch with us, you can:

We will take on board your feedback and look at adding 'appendix cancer' to the list of tags. The cancer type tags were generated from the types of cancer listed on the main Macmillan website so I think that is why 'Pseudomyxoma Peritonei' is listed instead. 

Whilst you are waiting for others with a similar cancer experience to reply to your post, you may like to browse the forum and reply to other discussion threads in the group. 

We hope you'll find the Online Community to be a comforting source of support and if you need a helping hand using the site or finding additional support, please do get in touch with us. Slight smile

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community team