Hello

• 12 replies
  • 154 subscribers

Hello everyone, my husband was diagnosed feb 23, he's 72 and reasonably active.  the cancer is on his shoulder and hip too.  he started the hormone therapy immediately and now on the 3 monthly injection... it was going well till the hot flushes started.   looking for advice on dealing with hot flushes (they bypassed me during menopause)  I have him take vitamin and sage supplements daily on the nurses advice.  He can't stand taking anything so I feel I am forcing him.

He's started going fishing again but gets tired easily so sleeps early and then awake all night worrying about wanting a wee. He's also getting some pain in his groin area b4 urination - he doesn't explain it well and keeps it to himself but I see it in his face and demeanour.  His doc told me to just buy co-codamol or neproxen over the counter.  

So, appreciate any thoughts you may have.

• Hi AbuGarcia

Many thanks, I need to check with my team at the next appointment.

Unfortunately I forgot to mention yesterday as we had big problems trying to park in the car park at the hospital.

We had to jump out of my daughter's car without my wheelchair and walk in to the cancer hospital.

I do hope that everything goes ok for you both???

Prostate Worrier 

• Hi the vitamins are great. Unless you have been discharged from urology, you should have a  senior nurse there who is your contact for any issues or problems you have, I agree with Brian you should get in touch with PALS as i think 14 months without an appointment is a long time. I used PALS recently due to an appointment being back a few times, when it got to 4 months overdue i contacted them and got an appointment in a week. If you type in www.maggies.org ift here is one local, you should get in touch, there open 9am to 5pm weekdays, just pop in no appointment needed and the support and advice they offer is amazing, to not only people with cancer but family too. take care.

Eddie xx