Cold

• 4 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Does anyone else feel the cold more since been in hormone therapy injections and /or Apalutamide tablets. 

• Hi Lanzarote,

Funny you should mention feeling the cold more whilst being on HT.  It was something I noticed last winter having been on Bicalutamide tablets & Decapeptyl injections, but wasn't sure whether it was just a sign of getting older.

• Hello  

Now that's a great question!!  I have been feeling the cold for a couple of weeks, OK, so I am a hard Northerner living in the Pennine foothills 500 foot plus above sea level - I agree with Brian ( above, I just thought it was because I was getting old. 

Where's our resident nerd (hello   when we have a question the needs answering? Nerd.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

1. Hi Lanzarote, Buzzers and appreciate nerd Brian. Hubby has been on Prostap for 4 years and has a problem with feeling the cold even though we live in a hot country so you are not alone. I think it is to do with the hypothalamic- pituitary- gonadal axis which is affected by the hormone therapy to reduce the testosterone. The hypothalamus in the brain is responsible for controlling body temperature. Also men undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy can feel extra cold as the red bloods are sometimes low. If you have peripheral neuropathy from treatment then extra care is needed in cold and icy weather as you might not be aware of the cold and it can lead to more falls and hypothermia.
  • Hi 

I used to be like a furnace, since my various treatments, my hands get cold very fast so it’s just one of the things we put up with.