Hormone treatment

• 3 replies
  • 111 subscribers
  • Hormone treatment after radical prostatectomy 
  • Hello  

A warm welcome to the online Prostate Community.

You will find lots of Community Members here some waiting for surgery, sone just had surgery and many in the various stages of recovery.

I would suggest that if your husband wants to read how others are getting on you go through the various threads as listed on the Prostate Forum Home Page and check out those mentioning Surgery or Prostatectomy.

Feel free to ask any questions however trivial they may be.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello all ,I haven’t been on this website for a while - thank you for being there

My husband had Radical prostatectomy in 2022 aged 56 and unfortunately they didn’t get it all out - his PSA is rising with each test - it’s now 2.5 

Due to having colitis and PSA he couldn’t have radiotherapy so is just waiting for his PSA to rise to 5 when they have advised him to have hormone treatment.

i’m just wondering if anyone has heard of any other treatment  ? 
    it’s like sitting on a time bomb waiting for it to go off 

• Hello  

I would think Hormone Therapy alone would be the first line of defence and if that's having no effect then possibly chemotherapy. Don't forget your husband's oncology team know how he is and they will ensure he gets the best treatment for his condition.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.