Under investigation for prostate cancer, travel insurance cancelled

• 7 replies
  • 107 subscribers

Hi, apologies I'm desperately looking for any advice,  I posted in the travel insurance forum and not received any reply thus far so hoping you guys can possibly help. Apologies,  I'm not being impatient just time sensitive. My husband has had his mri and waiting for biopsy for prostate cancer. (1 x pirad 5, 2 x pirad 3 on mri). We fly to Italy next week on holiday.  I updated Admiral, our travel insurance today and because he is undiagnosed they cancelled our insurance.  I looked at the register but quite a few companies won't help because there is no diagnosis.  Has anyone had a similar experience or can help in any way. Thanks in advance 

• I am sorry I cannot help you on your question. You most likely know, but just in case, do ensure you have GHIC cards anyway. They are not a substitute for travel insurance but can be very useful to work in tandem with it, should a health problem occur.

• Hi

Try Insurancewith. I found them very good, asking  many in-depth questions other companies didn't ask.  The on line form is a bit of a faff to go through - aren't they all!

That said, I had been fully diagnosed, but I feel they may be able to help.

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • Hello  

I am totally in agreement with  about the European Health cards.

As a Community Champion I am not able to advise on a particular Company however I can say the Company recommended by  are very good and if you contact them by telephone rather than filling in the online form they may be able to help.

I do hope you get sorted.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I was told I wouldn't get insurance without a diagnosis.  At the time I was diagnosed I had good annual cover and notified them.  They would not cover me whilst waiting for a diagnosis and even afterwards would not cover me for any problems which would occur because of Prostate problems.  I didn't have any so was not worried about that.  Luckily, I was actually booked to go on holiday within Europe a week after diagnosis and then again a little while after that.  One of the holidays was a treat from my son.  Try Insurancewith as i had a friend who used them a few times and said they were good.

Enjoy your holiday.

• Thanks so much for the advice,  I got cover with all clear,  they won't cover the undiagnosed but a reasonable price considering for all the usual travel insurance and diagnosed conditions,  .which is perfect considering. Thanks to this group yet again,  a wonderful bunch. Stay well x

• Hello  

That's great news - enjoy Italy - I am sure you both deserve a break and it will do you both good.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Pleased that you managed to get cover. The only 2 companies that I could find that would meet our travel needs was all clear and insure and go. They will cover for Europe only and not worldwide