Happy night

• 31 replies
  • 112 subscribers
  • I think I have lost the plot. Who else would be feeling happy because their husband didn't get up for a wee in the night. This is the first time for ages andWave ages that he hasn't got up. I am starting to think the chemo is working and is stopping the tumor pressing on his bladder if that is what was happening. 
  • A small victory. Long may it continue. Go out and do something to celebrate but no he cannot have alcohol - he's already had his quota in the docetxel.

• We're the same. Hubby was getting up 8 or 9 times a night after his catheter was removed just over 6 weeks ago and yesterday morning he said he'd only been up 3 times. He's so chuffed with the small amount that goes into his pants and I'm so proud of him for coming so far so quickly after his surgery. 

• Shar - It's a step in the right direction and he's doing so well.

It's 10 months since my TURP operation (like a rewire of your plumbing system) and even with Pelvic Floor Exercises the best night I have had is 2 visits to the loo in a night - so in such a short period he's overtaken me!!  Blush.

Celebrate by booking another cruise!!

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Shar.

Try and get your husband to do pelvic floor exercises as these will strengthen his muscles and help reduce the urge to go to the loo at night-if he isn't already doing them. On chemo he should be drinking more form the first 2 to 3 days in order to flush it out of the system which puts extra pressure on the bladder so he has done extremely well to have a dry night only a week after his 2nd chemo session. Take care.

• We have 4 cruises booked for next year plus a 3 week holiday to Cyprus. We would do more but we have a house bunny Rabbit and we don't like to leave him too much. We should have been in a cruise that departed yesterday but had to cancel. Our friends rang once they were onboard and she was crying saying it wasn't the sBreade without us. I am in cloud nine today. Who would think not going for a wee would make me so happy and the sun is shining. Husband is currently making bread Bread

• We used to cruise a lot but husband doesn't feel like it anymore. We are lucky to live on the Peloponnese in Greece so everyday seems like a holiday and we have the memories of the cruises to look back on as we sit on our terrace with a cup of tea and look out to sea. If you like Cyprus then you should check out this area of Greece for a change -still viewed as an unspoilt gem.

• We spent 2 lovely weeks in Chrani more than 10 years ago. We were in a lovely friendly little place with a pub with a massive lawn and everyone congregated there. There were wild tortoises wandering around. The only thing that spoilt it for us was the young couple in the apartment next to, with a small child. They didn't mix and only appeared to stock up on booze. We were subjected to round the clock Kilie Minogue on a loop and their drunkenness antics every night. The final straw was when we heard furniture being thrown around. The next day we complained and we were moved. 

Would love to go back there one day, but there's so many places we still want to visit.

• We go there if we are out for the day. Try the West Mani on the opposite finger south east of Kalamata. Bit of a hairy drive as it is mountainous.

• We did a lot of driving over the mountains when we were there. We went to Sparta and Olympia.

There was a minor hearth tremor when we were there as well.

• If you went from Kalamata to Sparti over the mountains you had one of the most spectacular drives in Greece. The road has been closed until very recently because of rockfalls.