Tamsulosin

• 2 replies
  • 111 subscribers

I've been prescribed Tamsulosin now for nearly 2 years, I am wondering if anyone else has been on them for that long and do I need to continue taking them, My PSA last summer was 0.01 and still remains the same now, I have just read the information sheet in the packet and it says that I should have regular medical examinations while taking the tablet, I've not had one in the 2 years. Has anyone else experienced this from their doctors surgery or oncologist

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks in advance

John 1963 

• Hi  

I have a benign enlarged prostate and have been taking Tamsulosin for quite some time. With that and my other tablets I have an annual checkup with my GP.

Probably worth a talk to your GP or oncologist about this - and well done for reading the patient information leaflet!

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• I have been taking tamsulosin for about 20+years.  Apart from my annual PSA tests since I finished RT back in February 2017 and associated bladder and bowel examinations I have not had any checkups regarding Tamsulosin on its own.  However due to a heart condition I do have a full blood panel done annually at the same time as my PSA and that would show anything untoward.  I think as long as nothing changes as regards urination, pain, blood in urine and flow which should always be reported to your GP and urologist, then the Dr's are quite happy to leave you be.  I would ask.