Joint pain with zoladex

• 3 replies
  • 112 subscribers

I have been on zoladex implants for 18 months so far and another 18 months to go according to my oncologist due to the seriousness of the cancer.

Among the usual effects, hot flushes and lethargy I have had awful joint pains in knees, wrists, soles of feet, thumbs and my big toe. I have never had this before and have always been fit for my age (63).

I know I am getting older so should expect some of this but some of it is getting debilitating, so my knees click out and I can't walk sometimes. I used to be a runner and am still relatively fit.

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

• @captain Oates feel for you. Pc is shit. If it’s consolation I feel better 3 years in. Not great but better day but day by day

• Hi I just read this and I'm sure it's no consolation but it made me feel a whole lot better. I am 62 and considered myself fit before going onto Zoladex, which I have only been on for six months. I am suffering with knee and ankle ache and also pain in the top of one foot as well as occasional swelling. Sometimes in the morning I can hardly walk for a few minutes until I limber up. I am still doing 10000 steps a day but the pain can be excruciating and I have developed a limp. 

Incredibly I had avoided hot flushes but these have in the last week descended upon me with a vengeance, mostly, but not always at night. The joint pains are the most debilitating.

It's bloody annoying!

Rens

• Similar story for me … had Zoledex for a while now and chemotherapy which I’ve read can also contribute to joint pain … my left ankle is the worst … the problem is we don’t know if older age is the main cause and it would have happened anyway …  I’m sometimes covered in volterol