At least it was good news

• 5 replies
  • 112 subscribers

So I got the results of the bone scan after only three days…thank you Surrey and Sussex trust: it was all clear so now I can go ahead with treatment. Can’t tell you the relief when it was clear…. Al though they did tell me I had a touch of arthritis in my knee and shoulder … must be falling off my motorcycle when I was younger

• That’s fantastic news! I’m so pleased for you! When my husbands bone scan result came through as clear I cried tears of sheer relief!  Have you made any decisions about treatment pathways?

I wish you all the very best and hope everything goes well for you!

• Many thanks!! I could have kissed the oncologist When he told me…I’m leaning towards the surgery..I think it gives the best chance of getting rid in one go..plus I really don’t fancy driving to the hospital every day for months

• Hello Ottocat - making the decision about which treatment pathway is so very difficult with all options having pros and cons.  My best advice is to do your own very thorough research - looking at stats, facts and others personal experiences.  Whichever way you chose to go, I hope it works out well for you! Let us know how you get on!

• Ottocat, Glad your bone scan came back clear.  Don't make your mind up on the treatment until you have seen the Doctors again.  The Radiotherapy isn't too bad, yes it normally is every weekday for a month, but it soon flies by.  Not everyone gets side effects.

Which hospital will you be going to?  I got a Blue Badge when I was diagnosed, that helped not having to pay for the parking.  At the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle where I attended, there's a charity called "Daft as a Brush", they done all of the transport to and from the hospital for my Radiation treatment.  The drivers stayed there until I had finished my treatment and brought me home.

This made the whole experience go a bit quicker.  Check to see if there is something in your area.

The Radiation worked as I am now 13 months into Remission (I was a Gleason 3+4(7), T2).

Best of luck with your decision.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Thanks Steve I  will probably be going to Guildford