Ringing the Bell

• 11 replies
  • 113 subscribers

Good luck with the last RT session tomorrow. At least the traffic shouldn't be so bad on a Saturday. It's a closure to this part of his treatment so make sure your OH gives that bell some welly (and you too if you're so inclined) and remember that Sunday is the first day of the rest of your lives together!

• Aawww, thank you Seamus for thinking about us !  His radiotherapy appointment is at 11.15 so the whole country should be on standby for that bell ringing at about 11.30 Blush there was a time when I thought we would never get to this point and…indeed…I don’t think my sanity would have prevailed without all the support I have received in this forum. So …thank you to one and all!

I know we are not necessarily out of the woods with this disease but, hopefully, we have bought some time!

As for enjoying ourselves - that’s the intention!!  this has made us realise that we have to make the most of every day!

• Hey WW - it feels like it was only yesterday I was on day 20 - what a wonderful feeling - the RT is over and you can both move on - give that bell some welly from me too!! I walked up to it, gave it a battering and 30 seconds later was a gibbering heap in reception crying my eyes out and I am a 67 year old grown man - IT'S ME HORMONES!!

You both enjoy and enjoy the "after bell party" - not too many donuts mind - Well done both and best wishes from me and Mrs Millibob.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello Brian, when he gets to ring that bell I will be thinking of you all out there! We couldn’t have got this far without you all willing us on! I’ll let you know! It won’t be donuts but it might be a slap up meal!!!

• WW, It's here!!!  The start of the rest of your lives together!

I will be listening for the Bells ringing, from both of you.

It seems like just yesterday your husband was just going to start his Radiotherapy sessions.

Now, it is "The Bells, Esmeralda!!!"

I am so happy for you both.

Steve (SteveCam)

• WW, That should be all completed now.  Just think if you had both been Campanologists? Hope it wasn't too emotional for you both.

Now you can look back and say the month flew over.

Next time you go to Morrisons, they will have a guard of honour with the Donuts.

Hope your husband has a quick recovery from the Radiation treatment.

Thinking of you both! 

Steve (SteveCam)

• Thank you Steve. In actual fact it goes a bit deeper! My children and I all learned how to ring church bells but my husband steadfastly refused to get involved! I half thought he would decline to ring the bell yesterday!!! However, he gave it the ‘welly’ it was due. I was so proud of him and relieved for him! We feel overwhelmed with our ‘freedom’ this morning!  

I know, absolutely, that he’s still got to get over the effects of RT and, of course, the HT and PSA monitoring continues but yesterday dose feel like we’ve jumped over a big hurdle. 

• Fantastic that you are all bell ringers now or campanologists.  I do hope you are ringing for the coronation.  Something I always wished I could have done but with my job would hardly ever have been able to make practices or the days I was needed.  Well done!

• Depends on whether I’m invited to ring!  I rang for the Queen’s death and funeral and also Prince Phillips. I have been a Bellringer for about 33 years but dropped out mostly a couple of years or so ago as I needed a rest!

• I know what you mean about jumping over a big  hurdle, just don't try bellringing and jumping over hurdles at the same time!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)