Incurable prostate cancer

• 4 replies
  • 112 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with incurable prostate cancer about 18 months ago. He is on abiraterone. Steroids. And hormone injections every 3 months. His psa at the start was 19 and during his treatment dropped to 1. It stayed at that for a few months.   2 months ago it went up to 5. The consultant wasn’t too bothered and he was sent for a bone  scan. We were at the consultant yesterday and his psa is now 15. Obviously we are very worried but haven’t had any results from the scan yet.   Is it normal for the psa to dip and rise

• Good Morning Oscarooney. Just noticed your post and sorry to hear of your husbands situation. It's a bit above my paygrade to advise on his PSA but if you put up all has statistics Gleeson Score etc and a bit more history I am sure someone on here will have the knowledge to give you further information.

Good luck with his journey.

Kind regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Oscarooney… So sorry to read of your husband’s situation.

my husbands cancer is prostate stage4 with bone mets increased

Hes just had his call back from consultant who informed us that his PSA has increased and more bones mets showing cancer is growing again

Has your hubby had any chemo or any other drugs? 

Mne is going on a leutinising hormone along with his 3 monthly hormone injection 

If that doesn’t help they will put him on chemo

Im obviously in bits as we have been together 8 yrs but just married in October 

Keep in touch and let me know how you both are 

xx

• Thank you for your reply. He’s on ariberatone. Steroids and 3 monthly hormone injections. We are waiting on the results of the bone and ct scans. Not sure if the bone mets have increased but the consultant did say that the rise in his psa could be a spike. We will know more next week I hope. I hope your husband gets on ok. It’s so worrying. I will be thinking of you 

• Oscarooney

You aren’t alone and feel free to message me if you ever need a friend. We all need each other going through this with our loved ones xx