Brackatherapy

• 11 replies
  • 114 subscribers

Any information/experience/issues on brackatherapy thankyou 

• Hi 

Do u have any stats to give us , I presume you're thinking about having brachytherapy for your PC.

I had external beam RT but there are a few on here who have had brachytherapy with some success I believe.

Steve 

• My brother had brachytherapy about 3 years ago.  He had few issues and was back to normal within a few months.

• My partner is going for Brachytherapy in a couple weeks to Guildford.  We live in Devon and he will be driving himself. Any information you can give me will be really appreciated.  thank you

• Which form of brachytherapy? Radioactive seeds or rods?

Hoping for personal growth and a return to full health
  • Thank you Jonathan, radioactive seeds.  Is that what you had?

• I underwent brachytherapy in Guildford 15 years ago at the age of 62 when the treatment was quite new. Professor Stephen Langley was one of the pioneers of this treatment in the U.K. For 2 months following the procedure I became intimately acquainted with the motorway service areas but soon regained full urinary control! I’m very glad I chose brachytherapy over other available treatments!

• Ha Ha!! That's brought me back to November when I had my TURP operation. I follow my football team home and away - motorway services - been there done that everywhere from Knutsford to Watford Gap!!

I am getting better all the time and now we are good for 120/150 miles.

Kind regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi my husband had rods about a year ago in Manchester. He found the operation not particularly unpleasant / uncomfortable and was able to drive us home the following day ( I am the wuss and useless at driving!!).He then had external radiotherapy for good measure to the nodes as he was T3b NO MO. 

PSA down from 69.5 to less than 0. On hormone treatment via injections. 

We shall have to wait to see the end product - but night time urination slowly calmed down, not so urgent to get to a loo these days either, more wind and some anger flare ups, hot flushes but that is more the hormone injections. 

Good Luck Thumbsup

• Thank you for that information, it has helped us a lot.  Hope you continue to go on well.

best wishes

Kipro

• Thank you for that Wispmydog,   Good to hear your husband could drive home the following day.  Just what we needed to know, as we live in Devon and the op is in Guildford.  No I couldn’t drive either around Guildford, so I am staying home.  Hope your husband continues to go on well. Thank you again.

best wishes to you both