Telephone Appointment Today

• 6 replies
  • 113 subscribers

Had a telephone appointment with the consultant today, PSA still 0.01 and he said cancer now undetectable.  Happy days, good news for a change.

• Congratulations, long may it continue.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • John, Congrats on your PSA levels, 0.01 is a long way from what it was last year isn't it?

How did you feel when they told you?

When I was told in February this year that my PSA levels were down to 0.09 and I was in Biochemical Remission.  I found it harder to take than the original diagnosis.  No marching band, not even a drum roll!  What did I expect!  It took a while to get used to it.

Now it's risen slightly to 0.03, nothing to worry about.

Take Care.  It is nice to hear good news.

Steve (SteveCam)

• I am relieved at the news, like you Steve, no marching band, just though, ' Oh, is that it', Its been a long 20 months since my diagnosis in March 2021. I still have to have 2 more hormone injection 1 in December and the final 1 in march next year. Hopefully my body will eventually start to get back to some sort of normality - no more hot flushes, mood swings and the dreadful ED.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who have replied to the questions I have ask over the last 20 months, It has been a great help and knowing that I was not alone having this dreadful disease and the advise I received. 

Thank you all

John 1963

John 1963

• Hi John, excellent news, long may it continue for you, and as you say get back to normal.

• Talking about the dreaded ED, there have been stirrings in the downstairs department.  I won't get my hopes up yet.

I have also found this forum a really good place, with us all having the same thing in common.

Steve (SteveCam)