Make it up

• 2 replies
  • 111 subscribers

You just couldn't make this up. I had my scan on Monday, uncomfortable but not unpleasant. Anyway to the tale, I was asked five times if I had any metal in me, on me or even up me! Five time was I asked the same set of metallic questions. So what happened? At the end of the scan one of the radiology tech's asked really sheepishly (while the other looked rather embarrassed) if my NOSE felt OK. Apparently they had forgot to swap my covid face mask for one WITHOUT a band of METAL in the nose bit, sending me into the scanner just buzzing with magnetic waves. (Not sure about the 'waves' descriptive) 

Moving on I'm expecting a phone call tomorrow (Friday 12th) from some chap in Urology. Not very hopeful as both my Father and brother had PC! Still fingers crossed! 

Stephen R    

• Stephen R

Id loved to have seen their faces.

Have you had your PSA levels done recently?

My initial scan last year was borderline but the biopsies showed up Cancer in 9/29 biopsies.

Hormones and 20 Radiation sessions later, 6 months into Remission.  If they catch it early enough...

I've got Bowel Cancer rife through my father's side, yet another Camera job next week...

Fingers crossed for you Fingers crossedFingers crossed 

Steve (SteveCam)

• Hi p
    pegman

Rooky mistake with the metal, I have some in my big toe, but they never seem to notice, getting all your results is very important, it leads the way on how they will access your treatment.

It always seems hereditary, my dad had a form of cancer, I have high grade PC.

PC is slow to grow, so wether your low or high their all either curable or treatable, so keep positive, listen to what their saying and as stevecam says fingers crossed.

Stay safe

Joe