Bladder irritation

• 3 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi, I am still a few weeks away from my robotic radical prostatectomy, at Addenbrooks/ Cambridge University Hospital. I have been advised not to drink anything that can irritate my bladder, particularly during the night. So no alcohol, fizzy drinks, fruit juice or caffeinated tea or coffee. I rarely drink alcohol, so no problem. And have changed to decaf tea and coffee, but no fizzy drinks or fruit juice!!! Is this common advice and did you follow it or not need too? I still need to drink, but not just water . 

• Hi

I had HT/RT, but the dietary advice I was given, was pretty much what you have been told. I ignored the advice Christmas Day 2019 and had a couple ( literally) of glasses of wine. It really wasn't one of my better ideas. Fortunately the RT dept was closed Boxing Day as I would never have got there.

I would suggest, respectfully, the advice given is followed to the letter. Afterall, its not going to be forever.

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • Hi,

I agree with Stuart stick to the advice that you have been given. I had a mild spicy chicken during my recent radiotherapy. I regretted it for the next two days. Even now I’m just getting back to some sort of dietary normality and I finished my radiotherapy on the first day of July.

Tyler

• Yes I was given this advice - hadn't been drinking alcohol or juices anyway, same goes for fizzy drinks as the only fizzy drink I took was tonic in my gin and tonic - so no problem for me there and had been drinking decaff coffee for decades because of overactive bladder.