Anxious...

• 2 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer T2 Gleason 7 (3+4), Intermediate Risk last May.

I have had 12 months of Hormones and 20 fractions of VMAT Radiation.  The Radiation finished on 2nd November.  My 3-yearly Colonoscopy & biopsies,was due in November.  Because of the Radiation treatment I wasn't able to have the procedure done.

In February I was told that I was in Biochemical Remission and was able to have the procedure done.

But.... and there's always a But, the queue has grown.  I now have an appointment on 22nd August for the Colonoscopy.

My family history with Colon Cancer isn't very good.  On my father's side over the past 3 generations there have been at least 8 Cancer deaths, mostly the men.  At least 4 Colon Cancer deaths.

This is where the anxiousness is coming from.  If I do get it, I can deal with that, it's the "not knowing".  That's what got me last year with the Prostate Cancer. Once I had accepted it, I was a lot better.

I'm only a young 58.  I have my partner, she was great last year, and still is.

My sense of humour kept me sane(ish).  This forum is great.  Hope I don't have to change forums!

And yes I do waffle on and on and on.