Incontinence

• 6 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi 

I am 9 weeks post radical robotic prostatectomy with 7 weeks catheter removal

Experiencing very little, if any, control of my bladder since my catheter removal

I can retain up to 400mls but I know I am constantly leaking 

Is this to be expected and more time is required?

I am undertaking the recommended 150/ day pelvic floor exercises

If there is anything else I can be doing please let me know

• Hi

Having very little control of your bladder since having surgery must be very distressing for you.

I can't help with your questions but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll hopefully be seen by someone with the right experience.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Sparky, are your Pelvic floor exercises working?  Some of the guys at my local Prostate Cancer Support Group do Tai Chi, they say that helps with the Pelvic Floor.

I'm also going to a 'Living with and beyond Prostate Cancer ' course at my local Maggie's in Newcastle, we are having a Tai Chi lesson this week.

I had Radiation treatment and suffered with leakage, my flow was down to a dribble.  I made sure I wore a pad all of the time.

It did gradually get better with time.

Sorry I can't offer any more advice.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Hi Steve am, whilst reading this thread, I notice you go to Maggie's center at the Freeman, thats a bit to far for me, but my oncologist is based there and I had radiotherapy there,.

All other treatments are at phoenix unit Sunderland Royal I can't praise either of them enough.

Long may we all continue with our lives All the best Ulls 

• Ulls,

My Oncologist is Dr Chandler, nice enough bloke.

At Maggie's last week we had a talk & presentation from a woman Oncologist, Dr Xue-Yan Jiang, didn't know her, everything was technical.

The week before we had Prof Soomro.  He went through the surgical options.  Very good.

This week is incontinence and a Tai Chi lesson.

I love it.  Learning so much.

All the Best.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Sounds really good, my oncologist is Dr Pedley seeing him in September, pity I didn't live closer or I use Maggie's as well, I really don't like the traffic in Newcastle so stressful.

All the best Ulls 

• Ulls, 

I'm lucky, only live about 3 -4 miles away.

Steve (SteveCam)