Telling family

• 8 replies
  • 112 subscribers

I have not told our two 40 something children yet. Was waiting for treatment plan from oncologist. Got that but not sure what words to say. 

Had a bone scan with Tracer and a CT with Contrast (all clear) but still couldn't put it into words for them. I am biting the bullet on Wednesday this week. Not looking forward to that conversation at all.

• Hi

I'm sure they will be concerned with your news, but flip it the other way. Without knowing your full stats, it seems that the cancer hasn't spread. So, on the one hand, yes you have PC, but things aren't as bad as they could be.

Difficult to give you words not knowing your children but I'm sure that whatever you say they will be there for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • Thank you, yes that did help.

• When I told my older niece and nephew  both over 40 I had been diagnosed and told the treatment. I tried to brake it gently be first telling them I was being investigated for possible cancer but there was a treatment with a good possible outcome.  I then waited about a week and confirmed it with treatment option I was having. Not really sure if that helped or not but good luck with with whatever you decide.

Good luck with your treatment. Kind regards Reg

• I chickened out and got my wife to tell the kids (teenagers) when I wasn't there,  best of luck

• Hi

There are many people just like you, not sure how to go about this, it’s far easier to put it out there letting them know the cancer is contained, which means it’s usually curable. All you ask from them is support as your bound to have some type of treatment, yet to be sorted. 
    Their bound to be worried, just let them know everything is in hand, stay positive it’s a must for us people.

Stay safe

Joe

• Thank you. Staying positive. 

• Thank you, they took it well.

• Thank you. I was matter of fact. Explained all the test results and treatments to follow. 

Kind regards 

David