Active Again

• 1 reply
  • 109 subscribers

I was initially diagnosed just over five years ago with Stage Four incurable Prostate Cancer. 

I underwent chemotherapy (Doxatacel) and a while later placed on Abriraterone with Prednisolone. I enjoyed a reasonably good stable period, until recently when a tumour in the lower spine area became active. 

I  have just finished five sessions of radiotherapy this has left me feeling very tired and as I was warned the pain increased. 

I am feeling pretty frustrated and to a certain extent angry that I am going through everything again, the consultant has said that if the radiotherapy has not shrunk this tumour then I will need to go through chemotherapy again. 

I have various spread in other parts of my body. 

I really am hoping that the radiotherapy has been successful. 

• Hi

I’ve had it in my bones for nearly six years, do mostly everything I can to keep on top of it, I’ve been through chemotherapy radiotherapy and hormone jabs, now on enzalutamide. Chemotherapy will be my next stop, but you have to stay positive, new treatments and trials are there all the time, I know you go through some bad times I do to rough with the smooth.

I hope the treatment works ( radiotherapy) just keep in there.

stay safe

Joe