PSA.

• 16 replies
  • 115 subscribers

Telephone conversation today with my CSN (18-03-22) was told my PSA had now dropped to 0.01, and will most likely only require to have hormone injections (Prostap 3) for another 12 months instead of 2 years.

Now just wait to see the consultant Urologist/Oncologist on 19 April 2022 for the all clear I hope.

Happy days.

• Hi John

Thats good news indeed, let’s all hope it keeps the little devil at bay for many years to come.

stay safe

Joe

• Thank you Joe.

John 1963

• Thank you Stromness.

John 1963

• Good news John. Sounds like things are going well.

Ido4

• Thank you Ido4

John 1963

• Result! Well done you!!

Im always telling my husband that he is “playing a blinder” when it comes to getting a result like this. Prolonged compliance with very difficult treatment and enduring the side effects is no small feat….you are also taking a hit for “team family” because the time we have together is so precious and we appreciate every pill, blast, cut and jab you take….!

congratulations!

Louli

• Thank you Louli.

John 1963

• John1963,

Great to see more good news.  My PSA levels dropped to 0.09 on 15th February.  Oncologist told me that I was in Biochemical Remission, no more Hormone Injections or treatment as long as my PSA levels can stay between 0 and 2.

I'm still getting counselling sessions through 'Coping with Cancer'.  They're a big help (only 2 sessions left).  I wish I had started them when I was diagnosed last May, but struggled on instead.  I always found it hard to ask for help.

I started the counselling sessions after my Radiation treatment finished in November 2021, (30 minute sessions go on for up to 90 minutes, all over the phone).

This online community was also a big part of my healing.  I feel now that I want to let anyone know what I went through and if any of my issues can help someone else who is going through this, all the better.(That last sentence won't make sense to some people).

I'm on my 4th Diary now, starting from the day I was diagnosed (27th May 2021).

This one is entitled "Is this the last one?"

It's good to read back what my thoughts were way back when I was struggling.  I'm a lot stronger now mentally because of this.

From not knowing anyone else with Cancer, now I know more people with Cancer than not.

A new 'Prostate Cancer Support Group' starts at my local Maggie's in Newcastle next Tuesday.  Can't wait!

Best of luck John, I'm rambling on a bit.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Thank you Stevecam.

i had counselling last August arranged through MacMillan Cancer Support. It was a zoom meeting so could see the lady I was talking too. I found it a great help as I didn’t know anyone that was in the same boat as me so to speak. It was a place where I could vent all my feeling/emotions and not be judged by anyone. I only told a few people about my condition and some of the people said some really insensitive things which didn’t help at all. Even when diagnosed by my GP, then Consultant and going through all the scans, X-rays biopsies etc I was pretty scared, even though the medical professionals said that it was totally curable, I don’t thing people understand how you feel when someone says the “C” word.

I have also attended Maggie’s support group, both in person and through zoom meeting and found that a great help also.

Once again thank you Steve and good luck for the future.

John 1963